If you are an administrative assistant or office coordinator, and you are interested in expanding your role; or you are a dispatcher of any kind and you would enjoy a more technical environment, Xantrion might be for you. The overall objective of the IT Dispatcher role is to coordinate workflow for Service Desk technicians and consultants who, in turn, provide service to our clients.
Essential IT Dispatch / Service Coordinator Functions and Responsibilities
- Identify incoming service requests within ConnectWise dispatch board and remove unwanted SPAM.
- Perform ticket triage by clarifying and updating fields within tickets to ensure technicians are able to quickly and accurately gauge the scope of the service requests.
- Schedule tickets to the most appropriate resources based on urgency, availability, and technical skill level.
- Adhere to internal security policies by seeking approval for access changes in service requests from client’s IT liaison in writing, where appropriate.
- Set client expectations, when needed, regarding availability of resources for tickets that come into the service board and tickets that require re-dispatch.
- Maintain an awareness of trends in client’s service requests and alert service managers or primary consultants to recurring issues, particularly when problems reported may be indicative of a larger issue.
- Forecast workload for support staff, including weekend and after-hour work, in order to assist with scheduling and escalating work.
- Prepare resource schedules for helpdesk coverage, escalation engineers, on-call resources, and team meetings.
- Update client information (i.e. client engineer assignments, primary liaisons, etc.) as needed.
- Periodically review open requests and verify their status, proper client agreements are selected, and a resource is assigned.
IT Dispatcher / Service Coordinator Position Requirements
Formal Education & Certification
High school diploma or equivalent.
Knowledge & Experience
- 3 to 5 years in dispatching, office administration, or office coordination.
- Ability to quickly and accurately determine incident scope and impact.
- Demonstrable competency in use of MS Office products:
- Outlook – high level for e-mail and organizational tracking tasks
- Excel / Word – intermediate skill
- Ability to multitask with an appropriate sense of urgency.
- Superior customer service and communications skills, both written and verbal.
- Efficient time management skills.
- Superior documentation and follow-up skills
If you are among the best of the best and ready to take your Dispatcher, Office Coordinator, or Administrative Assistant career to the next level, apply today.